A convenient landmark for out-of-city folk looking for the Rondebosch turn-off, this working windmill (the only one in sub-Saharan Africa) was built in 1796. Gysbert van Reenen used to own the surrounding wheat fields and built the mill to grind his own flour, naming it after his son-in-law, Sybrand Mostert. It was later acquired by the intrepid Cecil John Rhodes. A trundle through the interior will reveal a few interesting titbits on the history of the propellered marvel and how the whole milling business works. It is run by volunteers, and it's best to phone beforehand to arrange a visit.