Beer gardens, rooftop bars and outdoor dining spots in Chicago
Whether you're looking for a chill beer garden or a hopping rooftop bar, you'll find it in our guide to the city's best places for outdoor dining and drinking.
The patios are open for summer! All you have to say are those magic words, and all memories of the phenomenon that is "dibs" melt away faster than an alcoholic slushie. Check out our guides to the best restaurants and bars for dining and drinking outdoors, plus tips on how to skip the waits at hot spots and more.
You might also like
- The 25 essential Chicago dishes and drinks you need to try
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago: food and drink
- Chicago's top 20 brunch restaurants
- Gone but not forgotten: restaurants
- The best ice cream you can get in restaurants
- Gone but not forgotten: bars and clubs
- Road trips for food-lovers: Louisville
- Tasting Notes: Next Trio
- The best restaurants in Chinatown
- Best Chicago restaurants: Our picks for every cuisine