Cheap eats challenge
Fifty of Chicago’s best-tasting, least-expensive meals. Can you try them all?
Our challenge: finding 50 delicious, filling dishes for less than $10 each (mission accomplished). Your challenge: having the guts, and the hunger, to scarf down all of them. (Great prizes are at stake—see details below.) Can’t stomach all 50? Get into fighting shape with our six mini contests, from a corps of $5 cocktails to a team of decadent desserts for $6 or less. Time to don your elastic-waisted pants.
Photographs by Damien Thompson Food styling by Lisa Kuehl Illustrations by Peter Bollinger
You might also like
- Cicchetti to close Saturday
- The Aviary, Three Dots and a Dash among world's 50 best bars
- Domino's offering $1 pizzas Saturday
- Green Mill Cocktail Lounge
- RPM Steak
- Foodseum, Chicago’s food museum, slated to open in 2017
- Two new Wicker Park brunches: Xoco & Brobagel
- Three Dots and a Dash
- Chicago Brauhaus Oktoberfest