Cheap eats challenge
Fifty of Chicago’s best-tasting, least-expensive meals. Can you try them all?
Our challenge: finding 50 delicious, filling dishes for less than $10 each (mission accomplished). Your challenge: having the guts, and the hunger, to scarf down all of them. (Great prizes are at stake—see details below.) Can’t stomach all 50? Get into fighting shape with our six mini contests, from a corps of $5 cocktails to a team of decadent desserts for $6 or less. Time to don your elastic-waisted pants.
Photographs by Damien Thompson Food styling by Lisa Kuehl Illustrations by Peter Bollinger
You might also like
- The funniest tweets from the line outside Hot Doug's
- My favorite eggs benedicts in Chicago
- Green Mill Cocktail Lounge
- Revolution Brewing Oktoberfest Party
- Spot in line at Hot Doug's going for $500 on Craigslist
- Soho House
- Taste Talks Chicago
- MCA & Ritz-Carlton Chicago offer David Bowie-themed menus
- Smart Bar