Chicago teachers on strike
Chicago Public Schools went back to school, then shut the doors.
Photo: Nicole Radja
Now that teachers are officially on strike, "back to school" has been postponed. Here's all of our fall schools content, including the most up-to-date strike news we can muster, and recommendations on where to take your kids while you wait for the doors to open.
The CEO is gone.
The strike will have wide ramifications.
Kids are back in school.
More reactions to more time off.
Teachers may lose the PR battle over this decision.
Teachers hit the square as talks wind down.
Our intern documents students during the strike.
Penny Pritzker hears from CTU
Our copy editor discusses her family's experience.
A CPS student takes one of our jobs for a day.
Jesse Jackson, Rhymefest and more address union supporters.
Students have been out in droves to walk the line for teachers.
Teachers make some noise, negotiations make some progress.
We've seen some impressive creativity in teachers' picket signs.
Breakdancing in the streets.
Educate your kids in the city.
Parents voice their support.
Chicago institutions open up for CPS students.
Teacher unions opponents sound off.
We got pics of the massive rally Monday eve.
There's lots to do now that you have the time.
The CTU camped outside the CPS
Our favorite overheard's and tweets.
It's official: School's out.
You might also like
- A Christmas Carol at Goodman Theatre | Stage review
- Cartoonist Lucy Knisley cooks up Relish, a food-centric memoir | Book review
- Death and Harry Houdini | Stage review
- fml: how Carson McCullers saved my life | Theater review
- Harlem Globetrotters at Allstate Arena | Review
- Walk Two Moons | Stage review
- "A Piano and Three Tales" Tour with the Blair Thomas & Company
- Juicebox Series at the Chicago Cultural Center
- Babies, Tots N' More Kids Sale
- "National Geographic Presents: Earth Explorers"