City or Suburbs? Make Your Case
Illustration: Michael Mesker
Choosing whether to live in the city or the ’burbs is one of the most defining decisions a family can make, yet many of us choose based on preconceived notions and stereotypes. The suburbs have great schools, but no culture. The city has the edge on the arts and restaurants, but no green space and expensive housing. Right? Not so fast. We launched a full-scale investigation into family life in both places, unearthing evidence that might change what you think you know about “the other half.” We started by sitting down with these six families—three each from the city and suburbs—to debate their choices. Let the smackdown begin!
True, but CPS and community leaders are working to change that—albeit slowly.
You might also like
- The 6 best apple picking spots near Chicago
- Midnight Circus in the Parks
- 18 birthday party ideas
- All Seasons Apple Orchard
- Five things to consider when choosing a preschool
- The top 6 playgrounds for water features
- The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- 8 great playgrounds
- Apple Holler
- County Line Orchard