Hipsqueak Awards 2012
Hipsqueak Awards 2012: The best in family-friendly arts, entertainment and advocacy in Chicago.
Movies have the Oscars. Theater has the Tonys. And now families in Chicago have the Time Out Chicago Kids Hipsqueak Awards. For our first annual contest, we took the absolute best of the best the city has to offer and asked our readers to pick their faves. Thousands of you voted in some extremely close races in our Readers’ Choice categories. Of course, we love to get the last word, so we threw in a Critics’ Picks section filled with 15 more of our own family favorites for eating, shopping, culture and life in Chicago and the ’burbs. Don’t see something you love on the list? Don’t worry...there’s always next year.
You might also like
- "A Piano and Three Tales" Tour with the Blair Thomas & Company
- A Christmas Carol at Goodman Theatre | Stage review
- Cartoonist Lucy Knisley cooks up Relish, a food-centric memoir | Book review
- Death and Harry Houdini | Stage review
- fml: how Carson McCullers saved my life | Theater review
- Harlem Globetrotters at Allstate Arena | Review
- Walk Two Moons | Stage review
- Juicebox Series at the Chicago Cultural Center
- Babies, Tots N' More Kids Sale
- "National Geographic Presents: Earth Explorers"