It’s summer. Time to step away from the video games, computer and TV. Lucky for you, our roundup of the coolest playgrounds in Chicagoland will have your kids begging to go outside.
What do you get when you combine the coolest features from area playgrounds?
Kids don’t need swings and slides to have a good time at these “play” spaces.
H20 rules at these Chicago-area parks.
On scorching or stormy summer days, these indoor play spaces provide respite, minus pricey admission fees.
Perfect places for the kids to play on those perfect blue-sky summer days.
Recreation deserts leave too many city kids without community playgrounds to call their own.
These parks and playgrounds take the humble slide to new levels.
We don’t have a zip line in every playground yet, but some experts identify exciting new trends.
Every child can play just about everywhere at these inclusive Chicago-area playgrounds.
These real-life examples prove grown-ups don’t necessarily lead by example.
(and the caveats you wish you could explain to your kids)
You might also like
- Fun Christmas activities for kids in Chicago
- Morton Arboretum Holiday Lights
- Fun winter activities for kids
- Where to go on New Year's Eve with kids
- Ice Skating at Lincoln Park Zoo
- Free museum days at the best Chicago museums
- Wonderland Express at Chicago Botanic Gardens
- 5 great indoor playgrounds
- The best toy stores in Chicago
- Holiday gift guide for kids