Carrie Brownstein on WILD FLAG | Interview
The Portlandia star and WILD FLAG singer-guitarist plays Subterranean and Wicker Park Fest.
Wed May 18 2011
Photograph: John Clark
What makes WILD FLAG the best option for Chicagoans on July 22?
Well, both [drummer] Janet [Weiss] and I, our families are from Chicago. My entire family is from Chicago. So people can feel like they’re really supporting the home scene.
But you weren’t born here.
Okay, well, not me, but my parents. Also, well, is there anything else going on that weekend? What are we competing against? I think I can guarantee we’ll be the most entertaining thing that weekend.
Not so fast, Jimmy Buffett is here, too.
Oh, really? I guess it’s something to do for the non-Parrothead.
You might also like
- The 20 best Halloween songs
- The rebirth of Chicago house music
- The 20 best house tracks ever
- The best albums of 2014 so far
- The 45 sexiest album covers of all time
- The 41 greatest Chicago albums of all time
- The 50 best workout songs
- The 50 best drinking songs
- The 50 best gay songs
- The 50 best songs from ’80s movies
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best love songs ever made