Carrie Brownstein on WILD FLAG | Interview
The Portlandia star and WILD FLAG singer-guitarist plays Subterranean and Wicker Park Fest.
Wed May 18 2011
Photograph: John Clark
What makes WILD FLAG the best option for Chicagoans on July 22?
Well, both [drummer] Janet [Weiss] and I, our families are from Chicago. My entire family is from Chicago. So people can feel like they’re really supporting the home scene.
But you weren’t born here.
Okay, well, not me, but my parents. Also, well, is there anything else going on that weekend? What are we competing against? I think I can guarantee we’ll be the most entertaining thing that weekend.
Not so fast, Jimmy Buffett is here, too.
Oh, really? I guess it’s something to do for the non-Parrothead.
You might also like
- 10 best Lollapalooza acts you might not know
- 10 sets to see at Lollapalooza 2014
- 11 must-see acts at Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
- The 50 best songs from ’80s movies
- Concerts in Chicago: April live music calendar
- Lorde at Aragon Ballroom (PHOTOS)
- The 50 best drinking songs
- Pharrell Williams interview
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best love songs ever made