Cheap eats challenge
Fifty of Chicago’s best-tasting, least-expensive meals. Can you try them all?
Our challenge: finding 50 delicious, filling dishes for less than $10 each (mission accomplished). Your challenge: having the guts, and the hunger, to scarf down all of them. (Great prizes are at stake—see details below.) Can’t stomach all 50? Get into fighting shape with our six mini contests, from a corps of $5 cocktails to a team of decadent desserts for $6 or less. Time to don your elastic-waisted pants.
Photographs by Damien Thompson Food styling by Lisa Kuehl Illustrations by Peter Bollinger
You might also like
- Baker Miller Bakery & Millhouse
- Tippling Hall
- New Year's Eve restaurants: Dinner specials to ring in 2014
- Feast your eyes and appetite at the Chicago Food Film Fest
- The Aviary, Three Dots and a Dash among world's 50 best bars
- Taqueria los Barrilitos
- Tamale Station
- Christmas dinner and brunch restaurant guide 2013
- 24 Chicago restaurants earn Michelin stars
- Why does Michelin keep spurning Next?