Don't let the holidays get on the wrong side of you, take our advice on shopping, shows and more and you might just end up under the mistletoe.
An old roomie of mine once wrote a song called "Holidays are Hell" and I wasn't one to disagree at the time. In a big, lively city such as Chicago, however, that shouldn't be the case. The holidays are there for the taking, and inspire everything from great annual sales to new, quirky, non-traditional shows. Hating the holidays is almost as fun as loving them, it seems.
You might also like
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago: city life
- Best of 2013: Wild and crazy news stories in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The most impressive and regrettable Chicago tattoos
- The 50 most beautiful buildings in Chicago
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- The 16 best things to do in Chicago this fall
- 51 things you'll never hear a Chicagoan say