Don't let the holidays get on the wrong side of you, take our advice on shopping, shows and more and you might just end up under the mistletoe.
An old roomie of mine once wrote a song called "Holidays are Hell" and I wasn't one to disagree at the time. In a big, lively city such as Chicago, however, that shouldn't be the case. The holidays are there for the taking, and inspire everything from great annual sales to new, quirky, non-traditional shows. Hating the holidays is almost as fun as loving them, it seems.
You might also like
- 51 things you'll never hear a Chicagoan say
- 33 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- The cheapest and most expensive apartments in Uptown
- Best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Hey, NYC and L.A., check out these $2,000 Chicago apartments
- Movies in the Parks
- July 2014 events calendar for things to do in Chicago
- Navy Pier
- Chicago SummerDance