How to survive the holidays
Show Christmas who’s boss—and recapture the joy of the season—with our ultimate survival guide
Photograph: Taylor Castle
These six events are solid bets to find fellow singles this season.
Decent gifts from CVS and Jewel.
Holiday babies have a lot to celebrate.
Where to find cheap trees, party clothes, booze and more.
Ditch your family during the holidays by taking an impromptu trip.
Barbecue and blues, drag shows, gambling and more.
Talking points for common family interrogations.
How one writer’s son helped him rediscover Christmas.
You might also like
Holiday and Christmas concerts
Christmas plays and holiday theater
Christmas activities for kids
The 10 best things to do during the holidays
Holiday markets in Chicago
Holiday gift guide
The 9 best gift shops
The 50 best Christmas movies
11 great holiday party spots
Macy's sets up its holiday windows
A Christmas music mix that won't drive you insane
We tasted all the peppermint- and eggnog-flavored treats
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- 33 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to Chicago
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- The most overused words and phrases of 2014
- Things to do in Chicago today
- 23 things we learned about Chicago from the movies
- Christmas events in Chicago
- November 2014 events calendar for Chicago
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
- Things to do in Chicago this winter: Best 2013-2014 activities