How to survive the holidays
Show Christmas who’s boss—and recapture the joy of the season—with our ultimate survival guide
Photograph: Taylor Castle
These six events are solid bets to find fellow singles this season.
Decent gifts from CVS and Jewel.
Holiday babies have a lot to celebrate.
Where to find cheap trees, party clothes, booze and more.
Ditch your family during the holidays by taking an impromptu trip.
Barbecue and blues, drag shows, gambling and more.
Talking points for common family interrogations.
How one writer’s son helped him rediscover Christmas.
You might also like
10 elements of a classic Chicago Christmas
10 festive Chicago bars
9 restaurants decorated for the holidays
The 20 best Christmas films
A Christmas music mix that won't drive you insane
17 hot cocktails
We tasted all the peppermint- and eggnog-flavored treats
30 Chicago restaurants and bars with fireplaces
Do your holiday shopping at these Christmas markets
The 9 best gift shops
Where to chop down your own Christmas tree
- The 26 guiltiest pleasures of living in Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago: city life
- 33 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to Chicago
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- 33 reasons fall in Chicago is the best
- 23 things we learned about Chicago from the movies
- How Chicago sees the Midwest, how the Midwest views Chicago
- 18 great ideas we should steal from other cities