Macy's discounts Spring Break gear and apparel for college students
Sat Feb 19 2011
Photography and styling Ryan Robinson
We realize it's hard to think about swimsuits, shorts, maxi dresses and flip flops in frigid February, but if you can get in that frame of mind, you'll be rewarded for your leap of faith to the tune of discounts, freebies and parties—all courtesy of Macy's.
Macy's hosts a private Macy's Star Beach Party at its State Street store on Saturday, March 5, from 2–5pm. The tropical-themed partay will feature models sporting SB fashions, giveaways throughout the store, 20-precent off discounts, a performance by Chicago band Hey Champ and free food and drinks. Three $500 shopping sprees will also be up for grabsy. Bring your college ID for admittance.
And to get you in the sunny frame of mind before the big soiree in March, check out one of these campus parties over the next couple of weeks (below). Expect a colorful heated tent, a smattering of warm-weather gear and apparel, "Booty Bags" for stocking up at the Macy's party in March, plus free hot cocoa. It's the perfect way to chillax between classes on a grey winter day.
· Northwestern University on Tuesday, February 22
· Loyola University on Wednesday, February 23
· Chicago State University on Thursday, February 24
· Columbia College Chicago on Thursday, February 24
· ITT Technical Institute on Monday, February 28
· Northeastern Illinois University on Tuesday, March 1
· University of Chicago on Wednesday, March 2
· University of Illinois at Chicago on Wednesday, March 2
· Roosevelt University on Thursday, March 3
· DePaul University on Thursday, March 3