Movie-themed walks in Chicago
Chicago's neighborhoods and 'burbs are packed with character (and characters), so it's no surprise they've earned starring roles in so many Hollywood flicks, from the Magnificent Mile's romcom-ready charms to the geeked-out teen angst of John Hughes's North Shore. Retrace the steps of the stars and relive your favorite scenes on these seven action-packed strolls, with plenty of stops to take five and refuel your movie mojo.
Photograph: Martha Williams
Take a quick tour of silver-screen haunts from Public Enemies and Thief.
Head to the north suburbs for a tour of John Hughes territory.
John Cusack put a Windy City stamp on the 2000 film adaptation of the lovelorn Nick Hornby novel.
The South Loop has long offered a haven to both gangsters and gangster movies.
Scenes and trivia about your favorite action films—from the Blues Brothers to Transformers 3.
The Wrigleyville tavern where John Goodman embedded himself with Cubs groundskeepers and more
The bustle of the Mag Mile and the charms of Old Town and the Gold Coast have made perfect settings for loads of rom coms
You might also like
- The 16 rules of living in Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- 17 things to do before summer ends
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The 50 most beautiful buildings in Chicago
- Best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- August 2014 events calendar for things to do in Chicago
- Movies in the Parks
- Best of 2013: Wild and crazy news stories in Chicago
- 51 things you'll never hear a Chicagoan say