Movie-themed walks in Chicago
Chicago's neighborhoods and 'burbs are packed with character (and characters), so it's no surprise they've earned starring roles in so many Hollywood flicks, from the Magnificent Mile's romcom-ready charms to the geeked-out teen angst of John Hughes's North Shore. Retrace the steps of the stars and relive your favorite scenes on these seven action-packed strolls, with plenty of stops to take five and refuel your movie mojo.
Photograph: Martha Williams
Head to the north suburbs for a tour of John Hughes territory.
You might also like
- New Year's Eve events in Chicago
- Christmas events in Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The best winter events
- Ice Skating at Maggie Daley Park
- Things to do in the Chicago Loop
- Events calendar for 2014-2015
- Navy Pier
- The 12 best weird news stories of 2014