Movie-themed walks in Chicago
Chicago's neighborhoods and 'burbs are packed with character (and characters), so it's no surprise they've earned starring roles in so many Hollywood flicks, from the Magnificent Mile's romcom-ready charms to the geeked-out teen angst of John Hughes's North Shore. Retrace the steps of the stars and relive your favorite scenes on these seven action-packed strolls, with plenty of stops to take five and refuel your movie mojo.
Photograph: Martha Williams
Head to the north suburbs for a tour of John Hughes territory.
You might also like
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Fun Christmas activities for kids in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Thanksgiving events in Chicago
- Sticky-note confessions: Chicagoans share the weirdest places they've had sex
- Christmas events in Chicago
- November 2014 events calendar for Chicago
- New Year's Eve events in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago this winter: Best 2013-2014 activities