Movie-themed walks in Chicago
Chicago's neighborhoods and 'burbs are packed with character (and characters), so it's no surprise they've earned starring roles in so many Hollywood flicks, from the Magnificent Mile's romcom-ready charms to the geeked-out teen angst of John Hughes's North Shore. Retrace the steps of the stars and relive your favorite scenes on these seven action-packed strolls, with plenty of stops to take five and refuel your movie mojo.
Photograph: Martha Williams
Head to the north suburbs for a tour of John Hughes territory.
You might also like
- The 16 rules of living in Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The 50 most beautiful buildings in Chicago
- 17 things to do before summer ends
- The 6 best apple picking spots near Chicago
- Movies in the Parks
- August 2014 events calendar for things to do in Chicago
- Sticky-note confessions: roommate horror stories