Movie-themed walks in Chicago
Chicago's neighborhoods and 'burbs are packed with character (and characters), so it's no surprise they've earned starring roles in so many Hollywood flicks, from the Magnificent Mile's romcom-ready charms to the geeked-out teen angst of John Hughes's North Shore. Retrace the steps of the stars and relive your favorite scenes on these seven action-packed strolls, with plenty of stops to take five and refuel your movie mojo.
Photograph: Martha Williams
Head to the north suburbs for a tour of John Hughes territory.
You might also like
- 33 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- 33 reasons fall in Chicago is the best
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago: city life
- 51 things you'll never hear a Chicagoan say
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- How Chicago sees the Midwest, how the Midwest views Chicago
- September 2014 events calendar for things to do in Chicago
- Best things to do this week in Chicago