Things to do in Chicago this winter: Best 2013-2014 activities
Your essential guide to the best things to do in Chicago this winter, including Christmas parties, NYE celebrations, ice skating, skiing and more activities.
We'll admit that sometimes Chicago winter is best enjoyed via pseudo-hibernation: hunkering down indoors, basking in the glow of a full-spectrum lamp, ordering pizza, streaming Netflix. Cabin fever inevitably sets in, though, and then it's time for some new winter activities (especially if it's weeks after Christmas and NYE and you're still in pajama pants). This season, make a resolution to get out and about. Catch a concert—Paul Simon, The Breeders, Justin Timberlake, and Jay Z are just a few of the artists coming to town. Go downhill skiing or snowboarding without leaving the Midwest. Cozy up by a fireplace in a public space, or hit the salt caves, or a spa. Check out our guide for things to do in Chicago during the winter months.
Justin Timberlake returns. Plus Paul Simon, Sting and more
You might also like
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago: city life
- Best of 2013: Wild and crazy news stories in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The most impressive and regrettable Chicago tattoos
- The 50 most beautiful buildings in Chicago
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Gone but not forgotten: Chicago businesses we miss
- The 14 runners you'll see on the lakefront path