Things to do in Chicago this winter: Best 2013-2014 activities
Your essential guide to the best things to do in Chicago this winter, including Christmas parties, NYE celebrations, ice skating, skiing and more activities.
We'll admit that sometimes Chicago winter is best enjoyed via pseudo-hibernation: hunkering down indoors, basking in the glow of a full-spectrum lamp, ordering pizza, streaming Netflix. Cabin fever inevitably sets in, though, and then it's time for some new winter activities (especially if it's weeks after Christmas and NYE and you're still in pajama pants). This season, make a resolution to get out and about. Catch a concert—Paul Simon, The Breeders, Justin Timberlake, and Jay Z are just a few of the artists coming to town. Go downhill skiing or snowboarding without leaving the Midwest. Cozy up by a fireplace in a public space, or hit the salt caves, or a spa. Check out our guide for things to do in Chicago during the winter months.
Justin Timberlake returns. Plus Paul Simon, Sting and more
You might also like
- 51 things you'll never hear a Chicagoan say
- 33 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- July 2014 events calendar for things to do in Chicago
- Movies in the Parks
- Best things to do this week in Chicago
- The cheapest and most expensive apartments in Uptown
- Chicago SummerDance
- The 10 craziest things we overheard in Chicago this week