Valentine's Day ideas, from romantic restaurants to cute gifts
Take the pressure off with our Valentine's Day ideas, including romantic restaurants and Valentine's Day gifts for the lovers—and the haters
Is there a holiday more stressful than Valentine's Day? Even if you've only been dating for two weeks, the pressure is on to come up with things to do that are sweet, but not too cloying. Romantic, but not too over-the-top. Our Valentine's Day ideas can help alleviate the pressure: We've found the best romantic restaurants in Chicago, and we promise none of them will feature cupid-laden decor. When it comes to Valentine's Day gifts, we have you covered with presents that go way beyond chocolate and flowers. And if you're feeling the pressure for another reason (namely, you're single, and you loathe this holiday), we have a special gift for you: the best bars for the unattached.
Valentine's Day is Friday and you haven't bought your sweetheart a gift yet? Consider your ass saved.
Any gal will swoon for these gifts under $100
Sweet gifts for less than $100 that won’t make him cringe
Printable valentines featuring Rick Bayless, Paul Kahan, and other Chicago chefs and bartenders
Most of the best pop music ever produced has sprung from its well of agony
Are you ready to fall head over heels with the best love songs of all time?
There's a place for both cynics and lovers to dance this holiday weekend
Want to devour a heart, literally, on the most romantic of holidays?
Love-filled, indulgent Valentine's Day (and anti-Valentine's Day) specials
You might also like
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago: city life
- Best of 2013: Wild and crazy news stories in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The most impressive and regrettable Chicago tattoos
- The 50 most beautiful buildings in Chicago
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Gone but not forgotten: Chicago businesses we miss
- The 14 runners you'll see on the lakefront path