Midwest road trips
Tight on time-and money-we road-tripped to places we thought we'd never want to go. Cincinnati. Detroit. St. Louis. Even Gary. Surprisingly, all of them rocked-at least a little.
Try this Michigan city for a cheap, close trip from Chicago.
This Mississippi River metropolis is the other city that doesn't sleep.
Visit Cin City for French cafés and adorable nabes.
Nope, there wasn't a court case involved. We went to these gritty cities because we wanted to.
You might also like
- How Chicago sees the Midwest, how the Midwest views Chicago
- Winter road trips
- Quaint and quirky winter getaways
- Eight simple rules for visiting Amsterdam
- Weekend getaways from Chicago
- Winter spa getaways
- The best downtown Chicago hotels in the Loop
- Zurich on the cheap
- Snow sport road trips
- Chinatown neighborhood guide