Road Trips | Islands Edition
Islands you can drive to. For real.
Photograph: Cameron Wittig
Let's assume you're reading this at work. Stuck in a cubicle the color of kitty litter. If you were to leave-just leave!-and get in your car rightnow, you could be soaking up sand, sun and slushy drinks by nightfall. On an island. No, not Mackinac-not that we have anything against tooling around in horse-drawn carriages. These four islands, all within driving distance, are a bit more obscure-from the one that serves beer in beach pails to the one that serves up quirky Canadian-isms (and a whole lot of local wine). Trust us, you won't miss the palm trees.
You might also like
- How Chicago sees the Midwest, how the Midwest views Chicago
- Winter road trips
- Eight simple rules for visiting Amsterdam
- Winter spa getaways
- Quaint and quirky winter getaways
- Weekend getaways from Chicago
- Chinatown neighborhood guide
- Zurich on the cheap
- A British person's first impressions of Chicago
- Snow sport road trips