Originally the Cathedral of St Nicholas, this imposing church was subsequently converted into a mosque by the Ottomans. The cathedral was constructed between 1298 and 1326 and designed to emulate Rheims Cathedral in France. One of the finest examples of Lusignan Gothic architecture on the island, it was the town's hub during the peak of the Lusignan era when the cathedral was host to a number of historic events. The last Lusignan Queen of Cyprus, Caterina Cornaro, signed her abdication document here in 1489. Her husband, King Jacques II, and his infant son, Jacques III, were buried at the cathedral.