Taking its inspiration from the 24 columns in the main space, ‘Timepiece’ has transformed the building into an immersive clock installation. We caught up with Shawcross ahead of the opening to talk about this awe-inspiring piece that will turn everyone into their own gnomon (that’s the spike of a sundial to you and me).
You might also like
- Sir Anthony Caro 1924-2013
- Stan Douglas interview: 'I've always thought of disco as a utopian space'
- Paul Greengrass interview: 'I can still be truthful and authentic'
- Richard Rogers: 'buildings belong to people, cities belong to people'
- Grayson Perry interview: 'I find drawing in front of the telly very therapeutic'