Restoration House is the amalgamation of two medieval buildings that were combined in the late 16th or early 17th century to create a mansion house just outside the south east corner of the city wall of Rochester. It was the political seat of its creator and first owner Henry Clerke who, along with his son Francis, was elected several times as Royalist member of Parliament for Rochester. During the 1640’s at the time of the English Civil War, the property was sequestered and occupied by Colonel Gibbon, Cromwell’s commander.
|Venue name:||Restoration House||Contact:|
17-19 Crow Lane