Join the 2012 Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards panel
Time Out competition - go to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe for free!
Do you think you could handle more than 100 hours of comedy in two weeks? Then you may have what it takes to be a Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Award Panellist.
Time Out are offering you the chance to join the judging panel for the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards, Britain's most important prize for comedy. You will help decide both the most outstanding original comedy act and the best newcomer at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2012. The winners and the nominees go on to showcase their work at the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Award Shows in the West End.
You need to be a regular visitor to live comedy and have bags of energy. You will be expected to see six shows a day; you'll be feeding back your opinions of what you've seen and contributing to official panel meetings and the process of finding the winners.
So show us your credentials. We are looking for real punters who know and care about comedy. The winner must be available to stay in Edinburgh for two weeks from Aug 10-25. In return, the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards will provide you with accommodation, travel, show tickets and invitations to the best parties in town!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Tell us in approx 350 words why you are the best candidate.
2. Write three reviews of your favourite live comedy acts.
3. Entries must reach us by May 4 2012. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to attend an informal interview in London on either May 24 or 25 2012. Travel expenses will be reimbursed. Send your entry to email@example.com, or Edinburgh Comedy Awards Panellist, 1 Lumley Court, Off 402 Strand, London WC2R 0NB .
4. The winners will be announced in early June.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrants must be 18 or over and resident in the UK.
2. Entrants must be available full time and able to reside in Edinburgh from Aug 10-25.
3. The competition is not open to employees of the Festival Fringe Society or anyone connected professionally with the comedy business.
4. The prize is a position on the Foster's Edinburgh Comedy Awards judging panel for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2012. The winner must attend approximately six shows a day and provide reviews for all shows attended.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. The winners will be chosen by the award director Nica Burns and the decision is final.
7. The prize is nontransferable. There will be no cash prize.
8. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, delayed or incomplete.
9. All costs incurred by the winners other than travel and accommodation are at the winner's expense.