Terms and conditions
1. No purchase necessary.
2. One entry per person, no bulk or third party entries.
3. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
4. Email entries for competitions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
5. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
7. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
8. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
10. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
11. The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition in the magazine or online. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by telephone, email or post within two weeks of the closing date.
12. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
13. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
Additional terms and conditions for MGM HD competition
1. This promotion is open to residents of UK, Isle of Man and Channel Islands aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any MGM Networks Limited companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
2. PRIZE 2 x Premier tickets to Singin’ In The Rain with live orchestra at Kenwood House, 30th August (value £150 each) 2 x Carluccio’s Picnic Hampers (value £90 each) 1 x 12-month Sky World subscription, including MGM HD (value c£1400) 1 x Air New Zealand picnic blanket (value c£30) Transport via car to/from the event (value c£150) (Total prize value £2060)
3. *A Sky+HD box, free standard set up, the HD Pack and one year’s subscription to Sky World. If you are a winner, you will be required to enter into three subscription contracts (one Sky digital, one Sky+ and one Sky+HD subscription contract). After your 12 months’ free viewing, standard subscription charges will apply, unless you change your package, giving 31 days or more notice, you will pay the prevailing price for Sky World (currently £52 per month). Other Sky TV packages available (currently ranging from £19.50 - £52 per month). Sky+ subscription is free while you subscribe to Sky TV (otherwise £10 per month) and is required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky+HD box. Sky+HD requires Sky TV, a Sky+HD box and the HD Pack (an extra £10.25 per month). The channels you receive with your HD Pack depend on your Sky TV package. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom. Unless you are already a Sky+ subscriber you will need Sky+HD professionally set up, even if you already have a minidish. Costs apply for non-standard set-up. You must keep your Sky+HD box connected to a fixed and operational telephone. If you need a minidish you are responsible for obtaining all consents required (e.g. landlord’s) before installation. Sky Box Office Movies, Stand-alone Premium Channels, and pay-per-view services and events are not included in the Prize and must be paid for separately. Prices, programmes/channels subject to change. Existing Sky digital customers will receive a free Sky World subscription, Contracts are minimum 12 month term. Multiroom is not included in the prize. Sky will contact the winner to arrange installation of the winner’s Sky+HD Box within 28 days from the end of the promotion. Winners must redeem their prize within one year, failure to process your set-up application within this time period could result in loss of prize. Sky will not be responsible for delay caused by third parties. Further terms and conditions apply. Correct at time of print
4. There is no cash alternative to the stated prizes and unless agreed otherwise in writing, prizes are non-refundable and non transferable.
5. Prize and accommodation must be taken on August 30th 2013
6. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
7. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter's control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
8. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winner for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
9. If winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
10. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner's, and each entrant's, personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion. By entering this promotion you agree that MGM Networks ltd and its business partners may use your information to contact you about products and services you may like. If you do not agree to this you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from MGM NETWORKS LTD and its business partners and/or change your direct marketing preferences by unsubscribing to the MGM HD Newsletter. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter or MGM Networks staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If winning entries are disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize/s to another entrant.
11. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
12. All information is correct at the time of writing 05/08/13