European Diversity Awards shortlist
Get an exclusive look at this year's European Diversity Awards nominees
The first European Diversity Awards will be announced this September, recognising and celebrating the efforts of individuals, organisations, employers and the media to improve the life of the diverse communities of people that live in Europe. Time Out has gained exclusive access to the list of nominees, which include our Gay & Lesbian editor Paul Burston, who has been shortlisted for the Cast Media Group Journalist of the year award. Take a look at the full shortlist and give us your reaction in the comment box below.
Icon Events International Politician of the Year
Recognising the outstanding contribution of politicians in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion, the award is open to politicians from governments across Europe as well as members of the European Parliament.
- Lord Waheed Alli (UK)
- Operation Black Vote - BME education
- Matteo Renzi (Italy)
- Jean-François Copé (France)
- Councillor Sanchia Alasia
Abercrombie & Fitch Diversity Champion of the Year
Recognising the outstanding work of individuals who have championed equality, diversity and inclusion in their organisations, this award is open to senior leaders from the corporate and public sectors from across Europe.
- Paul Polman – Unilever
- Patricia McCabe – Trident
- Lars Mikkelgaard-Jensen – IBM
- Lt Commander Mandy McBain – Royal Navy
- Deborah Milsom – GE Capital
- Chris Sullivan – RBS
- Chris Dedicoat – Cisco
- Anthony Watson – Barclays
Runnymede Trust Community Project of the Year
Recognising the outstanding contribution that community groups make to equality, diversity and inclusion, this award is open to community projects from across Europe.
- Minority Ethnic Access Development Project
- L&Q – The Woman in Governance
- In-Trust Merseyside Transgender Network
- Pop Up Festival of Stories
UnitedHealth Group Diversity Team of the Year
Recognising the outstanding contribution of teams that have delivered change in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion in their organisations, this award is open to diversity teams from the corporate and public sectors from across Europe.
- Kulbir Shergill – Genesis Housing Association
- Societe Generale – Diversity Committee
- Lloyds Banking Group’s Rainbow Network
- The Guardian – Yasir Mirza
- London Women's Clinic
- Lancashire United Against Hate partnership
Marketing Campaign of the Year
Recognising innovative marketing campaigns that challenge convention and understand diversity and inclusion, this award is open to television, cinema, radio, internet, event, print campaigns and other events including an element of creative marketing within Europe.
- Metropolitan Housing Trust
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Société Générale
- Newlon Housing Trust
Cast Media Group Journalist of the Year
Recognising the outstanding contribution of journalists in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion, the award is open to journalists in the broadcast, print and online media from across Europe.
- Julie Bindel
- Paul Burston
- Frank Gardner
- Rasa Navickaite
- Edith Meinhart
Outstanding Employee Network Group of the Year
Recognising the outstanding contribution that employee network groups make to equality, diversity and inclusion within organisations, this award is open to network groups in all strands of diversity from corporate and public sector employers across Europe.
- American Express PrideUK Network
- IBM - Eagle Employee Network Group
- Royal Navy, Army and the Royal Air Force (combined entry) - proud2serve.net
- Focused Women's Network at The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
- Société Générale
- Supplier Diversity Europe
- The Co-operative Group - Respect
- The Bank of America Merrill Lynch Disability Affinity Group
Campaigner of the Year
Recognising the outstanding contribution of individual campaigners to equality, diversity and inclusion, this award is open to campaigners from across Europe.
- Barbara Lindsay, MBE, MSc HRM, MCIPD, FRSA
- Peter Tatchell
- Barrie Drewitt Barlow
- Dr. Theo Gavrielides
- Vanessa Vallely
- Lord Waheed Alli
Société Générale Charity of the Year
This award recognises the outstanding work of charities from across Europe in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Stonewall Equality Ltd
- Agapedia Foundation Romania
- EmployAbility Ltd
Cisco Company of the Year
This award recognises companies that demonstrate a holistic and long-term commitment to equality and have delivered significant progress in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Farnell Europe
- IBM Corporation
- Vodafone Group