This small exhibition at the National Maritime Museum tells heroic stories of the work done by the Corporation of Trinity House, which has been involved in the safety of shipping, risk mitigation and the wellbeing of seafarers since 1514, when it was granted a Royal Charter by Henry VIII. Rarely seen objects relating to maritime navigation trace the history of the organisation alongside stirring tales of fortitude at sea. The history of Britain’s lighthouses unfolds through intricate models, dramatic film footage and the personal effects of lighthouse keepers. And there’s a selection of watercolour sketches by marine artist William Lionel Wyllie.
Guiding Lights: 500 Years of Trinity House And Safety At Sea
|Venue name:||National Maritime Museum||Contact:|
|Opening hours:||Mon-Wed, Fri-Sun 10am-5pm; Thur 10am-8pm|
|Transport:||Rail: Cutty Sark DLR/Greenwich rail|