Built in 1756-66 for the first Earl Spencer, this is London's finest surviving eighteenth-century town house. Eight meticulously restored state rooms are open to the public, with paintings by Sir Joshua Reynolds, objets d'art and furniture on display. Guided tours leave at regular intervals throughout the day and last around an hour.
|Venue name:||Spencer House||Contact:|
27 St James's Place
|Opening hours:||Sun only 10am-5.30pm (last tour 4.30pm). Tours last around an hour. Closed Jan and Aug|
|Transport:||Tube: Green Park|