Where's our Routemaster?
A key plank of Boris Johnson’s manifesto was a promise to ‘run a competition to find a twenty-first century Routemaster that has full disabled access, runs on clean fuel and has conductors’. Kulveer Ranger, BJ’s director of transport, has said: ‘The plan is to have them on the roads by the end of his first term. We want people to be creative. Our brief is very flexible. Anything is possible’
So Big Smoke got to work…
1. Multi-deck RoutemasterPros Increased capacity, and segregates ruling classes from those who only attended minor public schools. Cons Bridges.
2. Horse-drawn RoutemasterPros If we’re going back in time, why stop at the Routemaster? Open top deck allows gentlemen to wear their top hats in comfort.Cons Needs big pooper scoop.
3. Flying RoutemasterPros Avoids congestion.Cons An open platform at 10,000 feet could breach health and safety.
4. Crime-fighting RoutemasterPros Combines two pledges with a Routemaster that transforms into a knife-crime-fighting robot. Also features disabled access. Cons Potential writ from Hasbro.
- Add your comment to this feature