Embellished with diamond-shaped stonework, the façade of this extraordinary church was part of a 15th-century palazzo, before being transformed into a church for the Jesuit order at the end of the 16th century. The portals, windows and external decorations date from the conversion. Inside is a stupendous barrel-vaulted ceiling, and a dome that has been rebuilt several times. The inner façade has a large fresco (1725) by Francesco Solimena, and the ceilings and walls are a treasury of frescoes and paintings, with works by Giuseppe Ribera and Luca Giordano and marble statues by Cosimo Fanzago. A large, busy room on the right-hand side of the church is dedicated to Giuseppe Moscati (1880-1927), who was canonised in 1987. The ex-votos covering the chapel walls give an indication of local faith in the miracle-working doctor, who treated the poor for free and cured a man with terminal meningitis.