50 best things to do this summer with NYC Kids
Mon Jun 27 2011
Staten Island Yankees
11. Watch a minor league baseball game Cheer on the Brooklyn Cyclones or Staten Island Yankees, New York's minor league teams. Both ballparks are chock-full of family fun—think inflatable bounce houses, speed-pitch games and more.
12. Visit Coney Island and Luna Park Cruise the boardwalk, grab a hot dog and hit the Wonder Wheel. Then, head to Luna Park, where young guests can take a spin on the Mermaid Parade, a pint-size water flume. Parents and older kids can try out the legendary Cyclone.
13. Attend a free concert Get your groove on at a host of complimentary outdoor shows by some of our favorite kids' acts, including AudraRox, Hot Peas 'N Butter and the Jimmies.
14. Eat at a waterfront restaurant Families can look out at the Hudson from the two-tier Boat Basin Cafe, see the city harbor up close at Gigino or watch rowboats from the Central Park Boathouse.
15. Spend the day in Central Park Watch dancing dolls at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre or read a book in the Shakespeare Garden. Pack a snack for a picnic in the four-acre Arthur Ross Pinetum, then visit the animals at the Central Park Zoo. Fly a kite on the Great Lawn, toss a Frisbee at Sheep Meadow or explore the Ramble.