50 best things to do this summer with NYC Kids
Mon Jun 27 2011
Photograph: Jeff Quinn
Brooklyn Bridge walkway
16. Stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge Pick a nice, not-too-hot day to marvel at the world's first steel-wire suspension bridge as you walk from Manhattan to Brooklyn. Once you reach Dumbo, stock up on sweets at Dewey's Candy or drop by P.S. Bookshop to see if storytime's in session.
17. Go wild at Imagination Playground At South Street Seaport's inventive play space, kids can use big blue foam blocks to build their own structures. They can also cool off in the park's water features.
18. Play at Pier 25 This stretch of Hudson River Park boasts a beautiful playground and an 18-hole mini-golf course, as well as basketball and beach volleyball courts.
19. Shop at a flea market There's more to these outdoor outposts than antiques, crafts and trinkets. Tribeca tot spot Moomah runs a play area at Smorgasburg, while Artists & hosts frequent happenings for young guests.
20. Eat lunch at a food truck For a tasty meal on the go, stop by one of the city's numerous mobile eateries. Kids can devour sandwiches brimming with hummus, Israeli salad, pickled cabbage and tahini at Taim Mobile (often located near Bryant Park on Thursdays) or dig into a juicy burger topped with bacon and organic peanut butter at Feed Your Hole.