50 best things to do this summer with NYC Kids
Mon Jun 27 2011
Fishing in the Hudson River
36. Go fishing The city's 500-plus miles of shoreline mean there's no shortage of prime fishing spots. Check out options in all five boroughs, including Orchard Beach in the Bronx and Harlem Meer in Central Park.
37. Take the tram to Roosevelt Island Grab a seat near the window of the tram so kids can press their faces against the glass to see the sights. On the island, relax in one of five parks and hunt for Tom Otterness's cartoon-like series along the East River.
38. Create art at Wave Hill Tykes can indulge their creative side while taking in scenic views at Wave Hill's weekly workshops for families every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 1pm.
39. Explore the Science Playground Inquisitive kids can climb a giant spiderweb, learn about technology and roll around in sand pits at the New York Hall of Science.
40. Play at John Jay Playground The Upper East Side Park recently received a makeover. Its nautically themed new look includes water features, a boat-shaped jungle gym and a sand table.