Best photography galleries
Find the best galleries showing fine-art photography in NYC.
These galleries are renowned for showing the best work by photographers both established and up-and-coming. Click through to see what's on view now.
- Price band: 1/4
- Critics choice
The International Center of Photography boasts two floors of exhibition space, as well as a library housing thousands of biographical and photographic files.
- 1133 Sixth Ave, (at 43rd St)
Located in the headquarters of the Aperture Foundation, the Apeture Gallery hosts free artist’s lectures, panel discussions and book signings along with exhibitions.
- 547 W 27th St, fourth floor, (between Tenth and Eleventh Aves), 10001
Part of Pace Gallery, Pace/MacGill, focuses on photography, showing such established names as Walker Evans, Robert Frank and Irving Penn.
- 32 E 57th St, ninth floor, (between Madison and Park Aves)
Yossi Milo’s impressive roster of camera talent encompasses emerging artists as well as more established photographers.
- 245 Tenth Ave, (between 24th and 25th Sts)
This contemporary photography gallery opened in 1989 in Soho, and settled into its current Chelsea location in 2004.
- 527 W 23rd St, (between Tenth and Eleventh Aves), 10011
Founded in 1981 the gallery’s collection includes images snapped by Berenice Abbott, Edward Steichen and Henri Cartier-Bresson.
- 41 E 57th St, (between Madison and Park Aves)
This Chelsea space is your best bet for a photographic history of New York.
- 521 W 23rd St, (between Tenth and Eleventh Aves)
This gallery shows contemporary works by such artists as Hellen van Meene, Sebastião Salgado and William Eggleston.
- 535 W 22nd St, (between Tenth and Eleventh Aves)
Robert Mann Gallery specializes in 20th-century masters of photography and an international cadre of emerging and midcareer artists working in photo-based art.
- 210 Eleventh Ave, (between 24th and 25th Sts)
This gallery, which, since its 1987 founding has migrated from its original home on the Upper East Side to a space in the Fuller Building on East 57th Street, specializes in 20th-century and contemporary photography.
- 41 E 57th St, (between Madison and Park Aves), 10022
Write your own review