Food & Drink
Drink beer all afternoon at this block party in Clinton Hill
Outdoor beer festivals are starting to fade away with the end of summer but this block party, hosted by the New York City Brewers Guild, will keep the warm-weather vibes going past Labor Day. Aptly named “Blocktoberfest,” the beer bash will take over the beer garden on Waverly Ave between Atlantic Ave and Fulton St, near KelSo Beer Company, on Saturday, September 20.
For four hours, throw back suds from 19 local breweries including Big Alice Brewing, Dyckman Beer Company, Grimm Artisanal Ales and Gun Hill Brewing Co., then nosh on barbecue from Jimmy’s No. 43. Work off your feasting with rounds of beanbag toss or dance-offs to DJ sets and live performances by the Banded Brewers.
With the event a few weeks away and brewers pushing for fall brews, try one of these summer suds before we're inundated with pumpkin ales.
- The highs and lows of Disney’s Into the Woods
- You can now do some holiday (window) shopping with Google Maps
- Coney Island to host New Year’s Eve party with Parachute Jump ball drop and fireworks
- MoMA to recall the African-American exodus from the Jim Crow South
- Exchange a blanket for free beer at these Brooklyn bars