Free lightsaber battle in Washington Square Park this Saturday
Photograph: Beth Levendis
The annual NYC Lightsaber Battle is tomorrow night at Washington Square Park. You can join team Jedi or head to the dark side with Sith for the Star Wars-themed nocturnal duel of a lifetime. Just show up at 9pm on Saturday–bring your own saber, or reserve one in advance.
Newmindspace is hosting this event, and with parties like the Pillow Fight Day and Bubble Battle under their belt, we have no doubt this will be monumental. Dress up, dress down; hell, wear a Wookie costume. Really, as long as you're game to fight a bunch of fellow saber-holders in the name of The Force, you're going to have a good time.
Over 1,700 people have signed up already on the event's Facebook page, so expect a brilliant turn out.Star Wars fans, super-nerds, folks that love a good time, that dude that's way to cool for this kind of thing but just so happens to be in the area; There's no limit to the type of person you'll find at this thing. This ain't a regular Saturday night. Or maybe it is for you...no judgement.
May the Force be with you.
- The highs and lows of Disney’s Into the Woods
- You can now do some holiday (window) shopping with Google Maps
- Coney Island to host New Year’s Eve party with Parachute Jump ball drop and fireworks
- MoMA to recall the African-American exodus from the Jim Crow South
- Exchange a blanket for free beer at these Brooklyn bars