Free outdoor movie series at Tompkins Square Park starts off with Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Tomorrow, make your way to East Village for the fifth installment of Howl Arts Presents Films in Tompkins to catch the free outdoor screening of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. This will be the first film of the series that will run every Thursday through August 14.
The 1980s teen comedy classic will be followed by equally culty films like Fight Club and Labyrinth, a musical fantasy adventure directed by Jim Henson featuring the weirdly fantastic David Bowie as Jareth, the Goblin King.
It’s not every day you find an event that’s both fun and hipster-friendly; so bring a picnic basket and some friends for this cool-kid movie night. Doors open at 6pm, and all films start at sunset.
July 17: Fast Times at Ridgemont High
July 24: Fight Club
July 31: The Harder They Come
August 7: Labyrinth
August 14: Midnight Cowboy
For any feedback or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue Torres churns out tapas at Espoleta, open now in the Bowery
- Some possible weekend itineraries for Nicki Minaj's alter egos once she moves to NYC
- BAM's Eat, Drink & Be Literary series returns in January
- Six great holiday gifts for your favorite theater geek
- Theater chains abandon The Interview after terror threat