Style & Shopping
Get crafty and win prizes at Michaels grand opening in Brooklyn
There’s a Michaels store opening in Brooklyn—arts and crafts are for adults too—and there will be plenty of glitter, hot glue guns and prizes to go around for the store’s grand opening.
On Sunday, Michaels will be giving away more than $1,000 in gift cards and prizes every hour, so you and your family can get crafty just in time for back to school shopping. Prizes such as jewelry, art supplies and stickers will be up for grabs. Then, capture all the fun by taking pictures inside the Michaels photo booth—so you can put this memory inside that scrapbook you’re destined to win.
And it looks like the celebration will continue all week, offering free in-store craft demos Monday—Friday as well as chances to win special gift baskets every evening. Shop home décor, scrapbooking tools, custom frames and knitting supplies to keep the creativity flowing.
Also, searching for something fun and cheap to do with the kids on the weekends? Michaels will host Kids Club crafting events every Saturday for $2—better to find painted handprint stains here rather than on your couch cushions.
410 Gateway Drive, Spring Creek, Brooklyn (michaels.com)
- 20 awesome things happening in New York this week
- Our six favorite #BeFreeNYC selfies
- #BeFreeNYC: Dominique Ansel's favorite free thing in New York City
- Is Al Pacino doing the new David Mamet play on Broadway really "better than oral sex"?
- #BeFreeNYC: Maria Bamford's favorite free thing in New York City