Food & Drink
Jerk popcorn and Jamaican flicks take over Tompkins Square Park
Photograph: Paul Wagtouicz
Tomorrow night, reggae-tuned East Village hot spot Miss Lily's 7A Cafe will host a food-and-movie shindig in neighboring Tompkins Square Park as part of the park's free Thursday night summer series, Films in Tompkins. Co-sponsored by Jamaica's Rockhouse Hotel and Jakes Hotel, the event will feature tunes from the restaurant's Internet-radio station Radio Lily at 6pm until sundown, giving way to a screening of 1972 Jamaican crime film The Harder They Come.
And don't think you have to settle for pedestrian popcorn—pop by the restaurant before the flick to load up on complimentary grab-and-go movie bites like bags of jerk-spiced caramel corn and rainbow-colored lime-strawberry-mango popsicles.
- How to have the best Cider Week ever
- Word on the Street: 14 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week
- Hugh Jackman, Straight White Men and Metropolitan Opera for cheap
- Spend the weekend with your pooch at these pet-friendly events
- This tech gadget could save you from a bad Tinder date with three clicks of your heels