Theater & Performance
The Phantom of the Opera wants you to decorate his mask and win tickets to the show
Photograph: Matthew Murphy
If you have art or design chops and are a fan of The Phantom of the Opera, oh boy, are you in luck. The longest running show in Broadway history (11,023 performances as of yesterday’s matinee) invites you to download a PDF of the Phantom’s iconic mask, then jazz it up and submit to win. Judges will select 26 illustrated masks, which will be displayed in a pop-up gallery on the ground floor of the Paramount Hotel (235 W 46th Street). The 26 artists will also get tickets to see The Book of Mormon. Ha ha! We’re only kidding. You have to see The Phantom of the Opera again (currently starring Norm Lewis, above). Enter The Art of the Mask contest via the show’s Facebook page.
- What Off Broadway shows should Thirteen bring to PBS viewers’ living rooms?
- Head to SEE Eyewear's new Boerum Hill store for treats, drinks and swag
- Score free mac and cheese from Stouffer's tomorrow
- Interview: Debut novelist Chloe Krug Benjamin on lucid dreaming and NOT writing a love story
- Which New Years Eve show are you? Elton John and Jack U visit NYC