Music & Nightlife
Ticket alert: Fashion Rocks at Barclays Center Brooklyn
Photograph: Timothy Greenfield-Sanders
When fashion and music meet, it's usually in the guise of an egomaniacal pop star's ill-advised clothing line—yeah, we mean you, Kanye. Luckily, that's not the case with Fashion Rocks, the concert/runway show that was held annually for a good chunk of the 2000s, but has been resurrected as a live TV event (what, did you think last year's Sound of Music revival was going to be a one-off?). This year, the show's coming to Brooklyn's Barclays Center, hosted by Ryan Seacrest and featuring performances by Jennifer Lopez, Usher, Pitbull, Miranda Lambert, and pop vets Duran Duran and Kiss. Info on presenting designers isn't yet available, but as previous Fashion Rocks showcased the likes of Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood and Giorgio Armani, we can expect to see some household names on the runway.
For those of you not content to settle down in front of the tube and fall asleep drooling on the collar of your bathrobe somewhere around the time Seacrest makes a joke about Pitbull taking a bite out of the charts, tickets to the concert (which range from the doable $75 to the stratospheric $650) go on sale tomorrow at noon.
- The highs and lows of Disney’s Into the Woods
- You can now do some holiday (window) shopping with Google Maps
- Coney Island to host New Year’s Eve party with Parachute Jump ball drop and fireworks
- MoMA to recall the African-American exodus from the Jim Crow South
- Exchange a blanket for free beer at these Brooklyn bars