Music & Nightlife
Ticket alert: Fashion Rocks at Barclays Center Brooklyn
Photograph: Timothy Greenfield-Sanders
When fashion and music meet, it's usually in the guise of an egomaniacal pop star's ill-advised clothing line—yeah, we mean you, Kanye. Luckily, that's not the case with Fashion Rocks, the concert/runway show that was held annually for a good chunk of the 2000s, but has been resurrected as a live TV event (what, did you think last year's Sound of Music revival was going to be a one-off?). This year, the show's coming to Brooklyn's Barclays Center, hosted by Ryan Seacrest and featuring performances by Jennifer Lopez, Usher, Pitbull, Miranda Lambert, and pop vets Duran Duran and Kiss. Info on presenting designers isn't yet available, but as previous Fashion Rocks showcased the likes of Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood and Giorgio Armani, we can expect to see some household names on the runway.
For those of you not content to settle down in front of the tube and fall asleep drooling on the collar of your bathrobe somewhere around the time Seacrest makes a joke about Pitbull taking a bite out of the charts, tickets to the concert (which range from the doable $75 to the stratospheric $650) go on sale tomorrow at noon.
- Be Hemingway and run with the bulls, kind of, for charity
- Trade-in old designer wares for Steven Alan's new fall threads
- "We wanted to really take away the main safety net." Time Out's Q&A with Simian Mobile Disco
- LIC's SculptureCenter has expanded and renovated its building
- The Stand Up for Heroes show will feature Louis C.K., John Oliver and Bruce Springsteen