Food & Drink
Watch the US Open and play table tennis at the Refinery Hotel
Courtesy of The Refinery Hotel
If you can’t get to the US Open to nosh on Mario Carbone’s sandwiches or peruse the restaurants near the stadium—and you’d rather not crowd into a sports bar with loudspeaker-level audio—head to the Garment District. (Yep, you read that right.) Next week, the Hatbox, a new gallery and pop-up bar at the Refinery Hotel, will screen the tourney on a projector, shake specialty cocktails and challenge guests to rounds of table tennis.
Starting at 5pm every day from September 2–8, tennis will take over the bar with $12 vodka quaffs including the Honey Deuce (Chambord, lemonade, honeydew melon), the Fleur de Lis (St. Germaine, lemon, honey, prosecco, blueberry-pomegranate juice) and The Ludlow (pear, cucumber, pineapple juice). Bring a group of friends for sets of table tennis or, depending on how competitive you are, start your own championship bracket. If your backswing is killer and your Ping-Pong ego gets big enough, there’ll also be a swanky Grey Goose-sponsored players’ lounge. MVP, baby.
- In this week's issue of Time Out New York we run down the best walks in the city
- The surprises and snubs of the 2015 Michelin stars
- Kennaland Salon Offers Half Priced Cuts for Gingers
- German techno fest Time Warp announces the lineup for its NYC debut
- The Godfather will screen with a live orchestral score