Meet up-and-coming authors as they promote their books in New York
If you can’t get to Neil Gaiman’s reading or would rather hang with an up-and-comer than a best-seller, these picks are for you
Fri Jun 20 2014
A lot of huge literary talents and celebrities will be passing through the city in the next few weeks to promote their new books. While we, too, swoon over Neil Gaiman and are loving The Signature of All Things, we also have a few suggestions for events with the next authors you’ll want to know about.
Much like Gilbert’s works, this debut novel travels across time and space to form an epic story about family, culture and reconciling with the difficult decisions everyone must make, eventually.
While a bit more adult in its content (key words: earthly delights), Dojny’s novel, about a couple trying to reconcile while living in a fictional Southeast Asian country, will appeal to the same whimsical sensibilities that Gaiman’s books so delight.
So what happens after a sex tape is exposed? Not everyone gets a reality show. Beha’s latest explores the consequences after a down-on-his-luck fellow releases a sex tape of his ex-girlfriend turned television star. You don’t get much more Hollywood than that.
Get in touch
- Jennifer Hudson talks her Broadway debut in The Color Purple
- The 10 coolest walking tours in NYC
- The best dating apps and sites for New Yorkers
- The 10 best skyscrapers in New York City
- Jim Reid talks Psychocandy and announces Jesus and Mary Chain are back in the studio
- The 10 best views in NYC
- Meet the talents who will be shaping our city
- DJ Harvey talks crystal skulls and why he's the Forrest Gump of disco
- The best guacamole in NYC
- Joanna Kotze talks about her innovative performance Find Yourself Here