The best (legal) places to BBQ.
Thu Jun 19 2008
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of Labor Day in NYC
East River Park
FDR Dr at 10th St
Pros: 8 grills. A river view, with the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges completing the panorama.
Cons: Robert Moses's concrete extension does not a rural setting make.
Morningside Ave at 121st St
Pros: Past the masonry wall and down the stairs lies a tucked-away world of flower-lined winding pathways that you would normally have to open a storybook to encounter.
Cons: BYOG (bring your own grill)
Events calendar for New York City
- Compare vintage and current scenes of NYC during the holidays
- See the photos from the 2014 Smallest Penis in Brooklyn contest (NSFW)
- 31 things that only New Yorkers would ever put up with
- "Pheromone Hotbox"
- Museum of the Moving Image
- Beasts of the Southern Wild Live
- 16th Annual Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade & Festival
- 31 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to New York
- Winter Carnival at Bryant Park