The best (legal) places to BBQ.
Thu Jun 19 2008
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of Labor Day in NYC
East River Park
FDR Dr at 10th St
Pros: 8 grills. A river view, with the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges completing the panorama.
Cons: Robert Moses's concrete extension does not a rural setting make.
Morningside Ave at 121st St
Pros: Past the masonry wall and down the stairs lies a tucked-away world of flower-lined winding pathways that you would normally have to open a storybook to encounter.
Cons: BYOG (bring your own grill)
You might also like
Events calendar for New York City
- Things to do in New York today
- Your perfect weekend
- 33 people you will definitely see on the New York subway
- New York events in June
- New York attractions: The 50 best sights and attractions in NYC
- The 10 best weekend getaways from NYC
- New York events in July
- Best things to do this week in NYC
- Best free things to do today in New York City
- The food lover's summer bucket list