The best (legal) places to BBQ.
Thu Jun 19 2008
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of Labor Day in NYC
East River Park
FDR Dr at 10th St
Pros: 8 grills. A river view, with the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges completing the panorama.
Cons: Robert Moses's concrete extension does not a rural setting make.
Morningside Ave at 121st St
Pros: Past the masonry wall and down the stairs lies a tucked-away world of flower-lined winding pathways that you would normally have to open a storybook to encounter.
Cons: BYOG (bring your own grill)
Events calendar for New York City
- Halloween in NYC
- 20 things a good NYC subway commuter should know
- 50 ways you know you’re a real New Yorker
- Bob’s Burgers interview: ‘Nobody ever asks us to go for Chinese food’
- The best NYC life hacks
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- Things to do in New York today
- November 2014 events calendar for New York City
- 29 vintage photos from 110 years of the New York subway
- The 5 best affordable New York apartments (week of September 30)