The best (legal) places to BBQ.
Thu Jun 19 2008
RECOMMENDED: Full coverage of Labor Day in NYC
East River Park
FDR Dr at 10th St
Pros: 8 grills. A river view, with the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges completing the panorama.
Cons: Robert Moses's concrete extension does not a rural setting make.
Morningside Ave at 121st St
Pros: Past the masonry wall and down the stairs lies a tucked-away world of flower-lined winding pathways that you would normally have to open a storybook to encounter.
Cons: BYOG (bring your own grill)
Events calendar for New York City
- Christmas in New York
- December 2014 events calendar for New York City
- NYC New Year's Eve
- The best things to do in NYC this Christmas
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- Things to do in New York today
- Holiday windows in New York City
- Events calendar for 2014
- New York attractions: The 50 best sights and attractions in NYC
- New Year's Eve events in New York