Job title: Editor, Kids
Time Out New York is a comprehensive arts and entertainment multiplatform media business, delivering engaging features, local listings and critical reviews to active and informed residents and visitors of New York City. Sometimes irreverent but always intelligent, Time Out New York provides passionate coverage of music, film, theater, dance, shopping, dining and more. Time Out New York is part of Time Out Group, the global media business delivering local information and cultural guidance in 35 cities across 24 countries and encompassing a worldwide audience of more than 17 million.
TONY Kids is looking for a highly motivated Editor with tons of fresh ideas and enthusiasm for NYC and children.
• Spearhead the editorial schedule and content strategy for the Time Out Kids website and quarterly print publication
• Manage day-to-day workflow of the site, including updating the home page and key verticals on a daily basis
• Write, assign, edit and produce traffic-driving articles, packages and slide shows for the website
• Work with Time Out Kids team to produce timely and newsy blog posts
• Ensure best practices for SEO are used on all editorial content
• Lead the prioritization of work to ensure that the content that will most help us achieve our goals is done first
• Read and approve every page of the quarterly print publication; edit pages and packages and approve print layouts
• Work closely with the art and photo team to create print layouts and dynamic covers; write coverlines
• Be responsible for overall journalistic integrity
• Keep the editorial process on time and on budget
• Collaborate with Time Out New York and other Time Out teams to share content ideas
• Work with business staff to create content that can be monetized, as well as with other departments including Marketing, Audience Development, Analytics and more
• Cultivate relationships with other sites for maximum link building
• Manage the brand's social media presence
• Have a strong interest in New York culture and activities, specifically those geared toward families
• Represent Time Out Kids at events, in the press, etc.
• 6+ years prior magazine experience, including top editing responsibilities (experience at a city magazine/web site, or arts-related publications or sections is a plus)
• Experience with conception and packaging major features, with a focus on service and the arts
• Excellent writing, reporting and research skills
• Ability to meet quick deadlines and work efficiently
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, resume, AND salary requirements to email@example.com.