Check out the first episode of Steve Buscemi’s new show, Park Bench
The native New Yorker has an innovative new “talking” show
Thu May 15 2014
Brooklyn-born Steve Buscemi is a New York institution—even if his biggest TV roles to date have both been shows set conspicuously in New Jersey (looking at you, The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire). Despite often playing weasels or bastards in movies (or, in the case of his star-making turn as Mr. Pink in Tarantino's debut bloodbath Reservoir Dogs, both), there's just something instantly likable about the guy, even when he's hamming it up as an irony-loving serial killer in a Nicolas Cage movie. And ever since the former firefighter returned to his old crew—the FDNY's Engine Co. 55—in the days following 9/11, he can pretty much do no wrong in the eyes of New Yorkers.
All in all, it's fair to say we're excited about the launch of his new show, Park Bench, on AOL Originals. It follows Buscemi as he wanders around NYC with his very own park bench, interacting with locals and sparring with surprise celebrity guests, of which there are, apparently, a lot, ranging from Fred Armisen and Janeane Garofalo to GZA and Debbie Harry. We've got the whole first episode right here, and it features none other than Chris Rock, so you know you're in for a good time.
Get in touch
- Blondie’s Debbie Harry dishes on her new cabaret show
- Gorgeous photos of Macy's Flower Show
- The best style hacks for New Yorkers
- Nine ridiculous reviews of iconic New York landmarks
- The best services for entertaining at home
- It’s not me, it’s you—our breakup letters to the MTA
- The best cheap snacks in NYC—all under $5
- Elisabeth Moss talks Mad Men, Broadway and feminism
- See photos of the 2015 St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Take a sneak peek at the new Mad Men exhibit