Check out the first episode of Steve Buscemi’s new show, Park Bench
The native New Yorker has an innovative new “talking” show
Thu May 15 2014
Brooklyn-born Steve Buscemi is a New York institution—even if his biggest TV roles to date have both been shows set conspicuously in New Jersey (looking at you, The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire). Despite often playing weasels or bastards in movies (or, in the case of his star-making turn as Mr. Pink in Tarantino's debut bloodbath Reservoir Dogs, both), there's just something instantly likable about the guy, even when he's hamming it up as an irony-loving serial killer in a Nicolas Cage movie. And ever since the former firefighter returned to his old crew—the FDNY's Engine Co. 55—in the days following 9/11, he can pretty much do no wrong in the eyes of New Yorkers.
All in all, it's fair to say we're excited about the launch of his new show, Park Bench, on AOL Originals. It follows Buscemi as he wanders around NYC with his very own park bench, interacting with locals and sparring with surprise celebrity guests, of which there are, apparently, a lot, ranging from Fred Armisen and Janeane Garofalo to GZA and Debbie Harry. We've got the whole first episode right here, and it features none other than Chris Rock, so you know you're in for a good time.
Get in touch
- Meet 11 New Yorkers who break the millennial stereotype
- The most anticipated new albums of 2016
- The best pho restaurants in NYC
- A real-life NYC dominatrix dishes on doing your dirty work (NSFW)
- The best jazz clubs in NYC
- Star Wars’ John Boyega talks the role of a lifetime and petting the Wookiee
- The 11 best places to get New Year's Day brunch
- Quentin Tarantino chats it up about his new talky Western The Hateful Eight
- The 21 most romantic NYC engagement spots
- The best things to do on Christmas in NYC