Check out the first episode of Steve Buscemi’s new show, Park Bench
The native New Yorker has an innovative new “talking” show
Thu May 15 2014
Brooklyn-born Steve Buscemi is a New York institution—even if his biggest TV roles to date have both been shows set conspicuously in New Jersey (looking at you, The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire). Despite often playing weasels or bastards in movies (or, in the case of his star-making turn as Mr. Pink in Tarantino's debut bloodbath Reservoir Dogs, both), there's just something instantly likable about the guy, even when he's hamming it up as an irony-loving serial killer in a Nicolas Cage movie. And ever since the former firefighter returned to his old crew—the FDNY's Engine Co. 55—in the days following 9/11, he can pretty much do no wrong in the eyes of New Yorkers.
All in all, it's fair to say we're excited about the launch of his new show, Park Bench, on AOL Originals. It follows Buscemi as he wanders around NYC with his very own park bench, interacting with locals and sparring with surprise celebrity guests, of which there are, apparently, a lot, ranging from Fred Armisen and Janeane Garofalo to GZA and Debbie Harry. We've got the whole first episode right here, and it features none other than Chris Rock, so you know you're in for a good time.
Get in touch
- Jennifer Hudson talks her Broadway debut in The Color Purple
- The 10 coolest walking tours in NYC
- The best dating apps and sites for New Yorkers
- The 10 best skyscrapers in New York City
- Jim Reid talks Psychocandy and announces Jesus and Mary Chain are back in the studio
- The 10 best views in NYC
- Meet the talents who will be shaping our city
- DJ Harvey talks crystal skulls and why he's the Forrest Gump of disco
- The best guacamole in NYC
- Joanna Kotze talks about her innovative performance Find Yourself Here