Maleficent reviewed, plus our favorite Disney villainesses
Angelina Jolie fits the part perfectly, but the movie lets her down
Wed May 28 2014
Tweenage princess obsessives will find much to love about Disney's rethink of its iconic bad girl, but are we alone in thinking this fantasy could have been a lot meaner? When Ridley Scott's gawd-awful Legend comes to mind, you know that's a sign of caution. Our review is here; hate-watchers, tide yourselves over with our definitive list of the eight most vile Disney villainesses.
- Rated as: 3/5
Sometimes a piece of perfect casting goes a long way: Angelina Jolie only has to cock one mildly perturbed, ruthlessly arched eyebrow to upstage all the fairy dust swirling around her in Disney’s uneven rethink of its classic villainess.
“He didn’t trust women or cats.” So said one of Walt Disney’s chief animators of his boss. Not convinced? Take a look at these outrageously evil womenfolk.
- Five things you need to know about FKA twigs
- The ten burger commandments
- Susan Sarandon joins Time Out New York
- Cool sneakers alert
- Newport Folk Festival 2014: Our favorite photos
- NYC vs. LA apartments: What can you get for $2,000?
- The best things to do in Bay Ridge
- Cool things to do on NYC rooftops
- 33 people you will definitely see on the subway
- Pat Kiernan interview