Summer movies: Trailers and reviews for the summer's best films
From the biggest studio blockbusters to the best alternative docs and indies, we've got the scoop on (and sneak peeks of) all of the season's hottest films.
Fri May 24 2013
Summer is here and the time is right for more than dancing in the streets; it's also time to wait endlessly in sweltering ticket lines, freeze your buns off in Arctic-chilled movie theaters—and still get inordinately psyched for the next big blockbuster. This season promises to be huger than most, as superheroes (Iron Man! Superman! Wolverine!), well-known franchises (from Star Trek to those Fast & Furious racers) and A-list comedians battle for eyeball dominance week after week. Where to begin? Consult our handy guide below regarding the 30 coolest things to see this summer (including some choice revivals and offbeat picks). Then watch the trailers, read Q&As with the season's filmmakers and stars, and check out our critics' reviews to see which summer movies to avoid—and which ones to make a hot-ticket priority.
RECOMMENDED: Summer in New York guide
Summer movie reviews
- Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
- The Book of Mormon
- Union Square Holiday Market
- Map shows how many calories you’d burn by walking over taking the subway
- Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park Rink
- This new NYC museum promises to make you feel different emotions
- ABC Kitchen
- A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder
- 47 dynamite things to do in NYC in December
- 32 things New Yorkers should be thankful for