Celebrate Lord Kelvin’s birthday today with free Kelvin Natural slushes
To honor its namesake, the Brooklyn-bred slush co. is doling out happy-hour specials and free slushes
Thu Jun 26 2014
Vendy Award-winning food truck Kelvin Natural Slush Co. is throwing a boozy birthday bash today to celebrate its namesake, the absolute-zero mastermind William Thomas, affectionately known as Lord Kelvin, who turns a cool 190 years old today.
To mark the occasion, the slushers are partnering with a motley crew of bars around Manhattan and Brooklyn to offer happy-hour specials like frozen dark and stormys and bourbon-spiked Arnold Palmers:
$5 Bourbon Peach Palmer
$5 Calamansi (Watermelon, Vodka Mint) and Dark and Stormy
Café de la Esquina
Miss Lily’s 7A
$5 Dark and Stormy and $1 Jerk Chicken Wings
Along with the hooch, the Kelvin truck will also be pouring free virgin slush from 1pm to 6pm today near the corner of Fifth Avenue and 20th Street. Follow Kelvin Natural Slush Co. on Twitter (@kelvinslush) or call the Slush Phone (646-200-5083) to find out exactly where the truck will be parked.
- Five things you need to know about FKA twigs
- The ten burger commandments
- Susan Sarandon joins Time Out New York
- Cool sneakers alert
- Newport Folk Festival 2014: Our favorite photos
- NYC vs. LA apartments: What can you get for $2,000?
- The best things to do in Bay Ridge
- Cool things to do on NYC rooftops
- 33 people you will definitely see on the subway
- Pat Kiernan interview