Fall preview 2013: New restaurants and bars in NYC
This fall, a fresh crop of restaurants, bars and markets make their debut in NYC. Here are 123 reasons to dine out this season.
Tue Aug 20 2013
Photograph: Jessica Lin
As temperatures start dipping, New York City’s dining scene will begin to heat up. This autumn, you’ll find new restaurants from talents like Amanda Freitag and John Fraser, along with big-name imports, steakhouses and more. Here are the exciting spots you need to know about in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
Some boldfaced names return to the scene.
The traditional chop-house mold is busted up.
Two trailblazers launch offshoots in a new era.
The skewered-and-grilled category blows up.
The bar scene expands with these buzzed newcomers.
A maritime trend (really) sets sail.
A pair of nouveau noodle houses up the ante.
What's brewing in New York's café scene.
Ken Oringer, Michael White and more open spots.
New ventures from NYC restaurant vets.
Check out 26 more projects coming to NYC.
Click through our mouthwatering slide show.
You might also likeSee more in Food & Drink
Write your own review
Food & Drink events calendar
- 100 best New York restaurants
- Rooftop bars in NYC: visit the city’s best elevated bars
- 50 best New York bars
- Fireplaces at New York bars: ten toasty hearths to warm you
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food
- Best burgers in New York City 2013
- Cheap eats in NYC: The best budget dining in New York
- NYC’s 12 best sushi restaurants: Top spots for Japanese food
- Ten best bourbons: Top bottles of the all-American whiskey
- The best brunch in NYC 2012: Your guide to a late breakfast