Fall preview 2013: New restaurants and bars in NYC
This fall, a fresh crop of restaurants, bars and markets make their debut in NYC. Here are 123 reasons to dine out this season.
Tue Aug 20 2013
Photograph: Jessica Lin
As temperatures start dipping, New York City’s dining scene will begin to heat up. This autumn, you’ll find new restaurants from talents like Amanda Freitag and John Fraser, along with big-name imports, steakhouses and more. Here are the exciting spots you need to know about in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
Some boldfaced names return to the scene.
The traditional chop-house mold is busted up.
Two trailblazers launch offshoots in a new era.
The skewered-and-grilled category blows up.
The bar scene expands with these buzzed newcomers.
A maritime trend (really) sets sail.
A pair of nouveau noodle houses up the ante.
What's brewing in New York's café scene.
You might also like
Food & Drink events calendar
- 100 best New York restaurants
- The 100 best dishes in New York City 2014: Top ten
- The best hot chocolate in NYC
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC
- The 100 best dishes in New York City 2014: Best sandwiches
- The best-looking NYC restaurants and bars of the year
- The best cheap eats in NYC
- 50 best New York bars
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner at NYC restaurants
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food