Food on a stick sizzles in NYC
Kebabs, yaki—whatever you want to call ‘em, food on a stick is popping up all over NYC, with skewers from the lowbrow (sprinkled waffles) to the highfalutin (foie gras, anyone?).
Wed Jul 30 2014
Roasting speared meats and veggies over an open flame has been a warm-weather classic since caveman days. But this summer’s food on a stick ain’t your average skewers—instead, there are wacked-out waffles, down-home fried chicken and a refined take on a classic Italian dish.
Hover over each skewer for details.
You might also like
- 100 best New York restaurants
- The best free food deals at NYC bars
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC
- The best food trucks in NYC
- NYC's best rooftop bars
- Oktoberfest in NYC
- The best diners and luncheonettes in New York City
- The best coffee shops in New York
- 50 best New York bars
- Cheap eats in NYC: The best budget dining in New York