Food on a stick sizzles in NYC
Kebabs, yaki—whatever you want to call ‘em, food on a stick is popping up all over NYC, with skewers from the lowbrow (sprinkled waffles) to the highfalutin (foie gras, anyone?).
Wed Jul 30 2014
Roasting speared meats and veggies over an open flame has been a warm-weather classic since caveman days. But this summer’s food on a stick ain’t your average skewers—instead, there are wacked-out waffles, down-home fried chicken and a refined take on a classic Italian dish.
Hover over each skewer for details.
You might also like
- 100 best New York restaurants
- The best fireplaces at New York bars
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC
- 50 best New York bars
- The best cheap eats in NYC
- NYC's best rooftop bars
- The best pies for the holidays in New York City
- The best restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner
- The 50 best brunch places in NYC: Manhattan
- 100 best New York restaurants: New American food