Get yourself presale passes to Le Fooding’s Rockaway Beach picnic party
July's new three-day food fest has live music and DJs
Fri Jun 13 2014
Photograph: Daniel Krieger
French dining guide and event company Le Fooding will bring a beach feast to the Rockaways from July 11 to 13. Dubbed Fruitstock, the parties will be studded with top chefs and DJs. Bites will include cornmeal crostini sopes from Rockaway Taco and cereal-milk pudding popsicles by Momofuku’s Christina Tosi.
Plus, Ivan Orkin (Ivan Ramen) will dish out chilled lemon shio dashi ramen on Friday (July 11), while Ludo Lefebvre of L.A.'s Trois Mec will have grilled veal and artichokes on Saturday’s menu. Cosme’s Enrique Olvera takes over on Sunday (July 13) with his red chilaquiles and burrata. The New York Brass Band will perform live each day, but check the event schedule to see who's deejaying when (DJs include Cibo Matto and Nancy Whang).
Use this exclusive presale link to order advance tickets for $40. Of that, $4 benefits Graybeards, a charity dedicated to restoring the Rockaways post–Hurricane Sandy. 97-01 Shore Front Pkwy, the Rockaways, Queens (legrandfooding.com). July 11–13 noon–4pm; advance $40.
Get in touch
- Blondie’s Debbie Harry dishes on her new cabaret show
- Gorgeous photos of Macy's Flower Show
- The best style hacks for New Yorkers
- Nine ridiculous reviews of iconic New York landmarks
- The best services for entertaining at home
- It’s not me, it’s you—our breakup letters to the MTA
- The best cheap snacks in NYC—all under $5
- Elisabeth Moss talks Mad Men, Broadway and feminism
- See photos of the 2015 St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Take a sneak peek at the new Mad Men exhibit